Rugs can be defined as the covering option for floors similar to a carpet. However, a rug is different from carpets in many aspects. The main differences between the two are explained in the points below:
- A carpet is a permanent floor covering that is fixed to the floor. It covers the entire area of the flooring. Hence it is the permanent type of home décor.
- On the other hand, rugs are a temporary type of floor covering. They are somewhat smaller than the total floor area. Also, they are not fixed to the floor to be easily moved around from one location to another.
- There are some similarities between carpets and rugs, such as both the floor coverings are usually made from woven materials. Also, both of them are thick to ensure proper insulation from the floor. This is why advertisement companies such as rugs promotion Singapore prefer to advertise rugs alongside carpets.
Advantages Of Rugs
There are numerous advantages of using rugs for any location. These advantages are the main critical points highlighted by advertising companies such as rugs promotion Singapore. These advantages are explained below:
- Damage Protection- Rugs are usually made from thick and heavy-duty materials to ensure that the floor remains undamaged even upon exposure to extreme conditions.
- Noise- Floors are known to make noises when people walk upon them. Using a rug on the floor ensures minimum noise on walking or even running on such floors.
- Comfortable- These types of coverage make the floor much more comfortable for daily usage.